Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Saved

You may be wondering what happened in the little drama that unfolded in my previous entry.

Well I did have a chat with the operators of the venue in questions, and they seemed very willing to drop the training session with Moody.

Willing? Nay, eager.

The venue owner admitted to having a bad feeling about Moody, but was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Once I confirmed her intuition, she was quite relived to tell Moody, “no thank you”.

Mid conversation, the group notice went out, “Training session with Moody candled”, and the lady had to excuse herself because her staff was “Freaking out”. I wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad kind of freaking out.

Moments later, my IM board started lighting up with happy staff member saying, “You saved us, you saved our venue”. Seems a few of the more experienced residents knew Moody was trouble, but didn’t feel it was their place to say anything. I made a lot of new friends that day.

A short while after the chat, I went to a POL Arida show, and POL remarked, ”Oh Zorch is here. He is, with out a doubt Second life’s best Blog writer”. Once again people started sending me IMs. Kudos all around, and nobody seemed to feel I treated Moody unfairly.

Many had actual accolades to lay before me, admittedly undeserved. I was not trying to be courageous or heroic. I was trying to save a venue I love playing at from the greasy tendrils of Moody. All I really did is speak in my own best interest.

The bottom line here is a really good music oriented venue was spared the intrusion of a bad influence. Music wins, Musicians win, the staff wins, and the venue operator wins. Did Moody lose? Not really, she’ll just slither off to her next target. You can’t stop Moody you can only hope to contain her.

No comments: