Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The best group in all of Second Life is…(envelope please)… ZORCH NATION!!!


There are lots of groups you can belong to in Second Life, but in my humble and infallible opinion there is none finer then my own group The Zorch Nation.

Recently, my beloved Alvarez RD23SC guitar took it’s own life in what can only be term Guitaracide. It leaped from its stand and snapped its neck. Of course I blame myself. Too many gig, too many hour of practice and of course the relentless hammering all took a toll on the poor things fragile psyche.

While the passing of a loved one is never easy, more to the point I was without an instrument and had shows booked. A good friend of mine lent me his “Beater” guitar and this permitted me to continue playing, but it was only a loan.

I had to find a way to afford a new instrument. I did have a paltry vacation fund to raid, but that was really not enough to buy anything better then another “Beater” guitar.

In my hour of need, I turned to the people that best understand what a world with a guitar less Zorch would be like. The Zorch nation.

I honestly didn’t know what to expect, but their generosity was quite impressive. By the end of day one 175 $ (US dollars not Lindens) was collected and that was quite sufficient to turn the tide. Along with the funds from the vacation account, I’ll be able to afford a reasonably priced, but professional sounding guitar.

Much thanks to the selfless members of the Zorch Nation. Making sure people all over the world get the opportunity to GET ZORCHED.

No comments: