Friday, July 18, 2008

It’s all about the vibe part 1


Some shows go well, some shows don’t. In most cases shows that don’t go well you can point at some little SNFU, like at SL5B…the stage actually disappeared. But sometimes all the elements of a good show are present, and there is no magic. Last night was such a show.

But I’m not here to whine about a bad show, but rather talk about the Venues that seem to have their “GOOD VIBE” hardwired in.

The Jester Inn Pixel hill

This has gotta be my all time favorite. The crowd is a music crowd, and there are no mega open mic extravaganza. Harrie (THE Rock Chick) books the acts she LOVES and when Harrie say’s “Check this out”, a lot of people do in fact check it out.

Harrie also helped me get organized, she is like a big sister to me and I have genuine affection for her.

While there are lots of places you can hear music in SL, Harrie makes sure the music you hear is actually GOOD, so people that care about music come to the Jester Inn. More Venues should realize booking a bunch of artist of questionable talent really does less for you then doing a few shows a week with really GOOD acts.

Boogie Beach


I have not played the Beach for a while. But every time I have in the past, it’s been a full on BLAST. There is always a party going on at Boogie Beach, and if you happen to be playing during that party, the people seem quite open to whatever you offer.

Boogie Beach is a rare success story in SL. 24/7 there is a party going on at the beach. This is mostly due to the charismatic owner Jackie Chushing. I once asked Jackie how she managed to create such a popular active place. Her answer was simple, “Make it fun”. Boogie Beach is fun, and a great place to play.

Vincent’s retreat the wilderness stage

Vincent’s is the first venue I play with POL Arida. For that reason alone it hold a special place in my heart. However Vincent’s personable owner Lucincia is a major supporter of Live music and more importantly the artist she really enjoys. She often show up at gigs I play at other venues and that is a level of support few other venue owner extend (For the record Harrie from the Jester Inn also pops up at shows outside her venue).

While the shows are sometimes sparsely attended,I still seem to put on a good show there. I feel this is due to the fact I know that Lucincia and anyone else there has come to hear my music.

To be continued…

No comments: