Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wake the children and call the neighbors. Shows that have me shivering in anticipa…………………tion

I play a goodly number of show during the month. The month of July show 33 shows all total, and this is not counting shows I just “Picked up”. I also play a goodly number of “So-called Open mic show”. The shows I’m rather excited about might seem at first like just another Open mic cattle call but they are very different.

Wednesday 13th of August

The Originals Uncovered.

Featuring

Digby Smalls

POL Arida

Bara Jonson

Zorch Boomhaure

CQ Bravin

While there have been other original shows, like Freestar’s “Pajama party” (no covers), this show is different in the fact it features artist that are rather devoted to song craft. This show also features pure singer/songwriter Mojo unleashed. NO FREAKING BACK UP TRACK, just a man, a guitar and the music they make. My nipples are hard and my sphincter is tingling… in a good way.

Sunday 24th of August

Villains at Club Rub

Featuring

Edward Lowell

Zorch Boomhaure

Grateful Stryker

Norris Shepard

The Rails

POL Arida

This is an amazing line up simply because it is an AMAZING LINE UP. Let me put that comment in context. There are LOTS of shows that feature LOTS of act, but most are at best “Hit or Miss”. This show features all good performers and you might want to attend all of it. This show is kind of similar to what Harrie does at the Jester, just a lot bigger. Good acts front to back and no filler.

The reason both these show seem so exciting to me is because the people behind both of them really give a rat’s ass about the music. They are featuring the artists they feel best serve the bill.

There is also a theme of LIVE MUSIC here. No back up tracks, none of the bullshit that is far to frequent in SL’s music scene.

Out of all the trends that seem to come and go in Second Life music, I hope this one grows and flourishes. Both these shows you could watch from beginning to end, and never encounter a Kite Looming (At this point the worse artist I’ve ever heard in Second life).

No comments: