Sunday, July 20, 2008

It’s all about the vibe part 2


The list continues…


Tantalus

Oddly enough, Tantalus is the kind of show I should hate. They do run an “OPEN MIC” sort of deal, and most the time that is more pain then I can deal with. But I really enjoy playing at Tantalus.

Why? It’s well run, well laid out and more to the point… good people all around. The staff great, the audience great, and the whole experience makes me feel pretty good about what I’m doing.

The acts, while not all my cup of tea seem at least competent. Lots of OPEN MIC show feature act so dreadfully horrid, they strip me of my will to live.

When I look at my calendar I smile. Need I say more?

Cascadia Harmonic/Rocky shores

these venue are listed in my “Gigs Folder” as “Ticious Totter’s Place”. Ticious is one of those wonderful people that just seems to take you by the hand and make you feel very welcome and important.. She is a venue owing veteran that knows the in and out of running a good show. The lay out of both venues is very artist friendly and attracts a music-loving crowd.

While the venue are great, I must say it’s the personality behind the venue that really cause me to look fondly on these shows.

The Humming bird Café

The Humming bird has been hub of Second Life Open mic goodness for years. And the most amazing thing about that, is when you play there is seems so vibrant and happening. It has not fallen into a rut, and seems to be one of the most consistent drawing shows in Second Life.

I really have to look into playing there again, I need a recharge.

No comments: