Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Jester inn’s one-year anniversary and my 300th performance in Second life

Sunday really started out spotty. I had played four show on Saturday and Sunday morning I was not really feeling fresh and focused. Just between you and I, I really need to get a performance schedule that is a little more reasonable.

During a 9 AM show at WAM-TV, I was contacted about playing the Jester inn’s one-year anniversary party. Way to wait until the last moment guys. I was asked if I could play a 30-minuet set at 2 PM, but I was scheduled to play a benefit for “Toys for Tots”, at 2 PM so I asked if I could go on around 3:30 PM instead. The organizer, Dres Forder said, “Yes sure”.

Okay 1:30 PM rolls around and I show up early for the Benefit. Seems nobody is actually in charge on site. I inform a woman wearing “Event Hostess” tag I’m the guy scheduled for a 2 PM performance and she informs me I’m not. According to their calendar I’m suppose to play there next week. Well you know what? Fuck you people. I’m tried about getting dragged all over for Charities. Yeah it’s a good cause and for the children and all, but they should not have fucktards running an event for good causes.

Anyway, suddenly I can play the Jester Inn event. Not only do I have time to play, I can actually attend the event and see the other people playing there.

I’m not kidding when I say the Jester Inn one-year anniversary party was the best time I’ve ever had in Second life, and to put a cheery on top, because the Toys for Tots gig was a wash, it turned out to be my 300th scheduled performance in Second life. Talk about wicked cool.

The performers playing made up a show I’ve actually been thinking about for a while. POL Arida, Blind Boy Gummo, and Zorch. Then after the featured performers were done, Dres Forder played a few songs, as did Phemie Alcot. It was good music front to back, didn’t have to turn off the stream once.

As good as the music was, what was more compelling was you could just tell how much it touched the heart of everybody’s favorite “Rock Chick” Harrie. She kept saying, “You guys have restored my faith in Second Life”.

Hey everybody seem to get at their wits end with the bullshit Second life can heap on you. It’s nice to have a chance to tell someone how much you appreciate what they do, and how much they mean to you. Yes it was a big crowd, but it was a crowd there for Harrie. The performers where there to play for the woman that had always been there for them.

About mid way through the even, everybody piled on to a table for a group picture. I was in that pile too, well, standing in back of the pile, but part of it nonetheless. Somehow, I could not help but feel like it was a picture of victory. The Jester Inn, and Harrie thrive. They thrive because she only books the music she likes. It’s the one venue I can think of where I never see a horrible act. Harrie proves it can work, and all the people in the pile agree.

This is my best day in Second Life and I’m so proud I could be part of the pile.

1 comment:

H said...

It was kinda short notice wasn't it, lol! But believe me it was all as big a surprise to me as anyone else, i dont know many other venues, if any, that have had a surprise party thrown for them by a group of musicians & all great ones at that!!!

It was one of the best and most special evenings i have had in my 2yrs in SL and I dont know if i can ever thank you, dres, pol, phemie and blindboy enough for making Pixel Hill's 1st birthday so special!

It has done more than renew my faith in SL, but also given me the determination to keep going and keep doing it my way as best i can. I am honoured and humbled by what you all did for me on sunday and am very lucky to call you all friends!

Thank you so much Zorch, i do so love you in that non creepy way!!!!

Harrie xo