Monday, November 24, 2008

Random thoughts

Some times it hard to update the blog because I try to figure out a topic that needs a good write up. Today I’m just going to let my mind wonder and perhaps I’ll stumble across something interesting.

Yesterday I played my first official MEGA set in a while. It was not as well attended as I hoped, but new events take a while to break. The show was scheduled for 2 hours and I managed to play one hour and forty-nine minuets. Next show will be an hour and a half in length.

I really feel the MEGA set format give me a chance to showcase more of my songs, and because of this I sold a few more MP3 collections yesterday then I have at one hour shows.

I’m quite an oddity in Second life, not only do I play all originals, but I have enough good material for a two hour set. I do get a bit tired, but I don’t run out of songs.

I’m thinking back to my Jam-band days when we would do three-hour sets. Man I’m getting old and weak.

I got my bulk set of guitar strings in the mail today. 25 sets of strings for 99.99 $. Quite a bargain when you consider a set of strings for an acoustic guitar go for about 9 $ a pop. I do try and change strings once a week on two guitars. It can get prohibitively expensive at 9$ a shot. Fresh steel makes for good sound, and not going broke keeping fresh steel on my gee-tars is a bonus.

I also received a notecard from a supporter of the music the other day that really touched my heart. She explained she was not a stalker (snicker, I didn’t think she was), and how much my music meant to her and her autistic son. She mentioned she plays my song around her house all day, and has burned the MP3 collections she has purchased to CD to play in her vehicles. This is fantastic, and this is what I’m shooting for. I want my music to be part of people’s lives. A single notecard can really make your week.

Once again, I see the numbers improving. This months unique visitors to the web site have gone up once again, and MP3 downloads keep pushing to a higher number. While I didn’t play as many shows this month as last month, the earning from show played has increased.

I’m really wonder how far I will go until I hit one of those dreaded flat spots you hear so much about? Only time will tell.

No comments: