Friday, October 3, 2008

173 show and counting, the Zorch World tour 2008

I’ve counted all the shows I’ve played as reflected via my booking calendar and came up with the magic number of 173 shows in the past six month. Keep in mind, this dose not reflect all the shows I’ve played because I played a handful before I started using the calendar and there are some pick up shows not reflected on the calendar.

That is a pretty good number of shows.

During these shows I’ve added 100 some odd people to “The Zorch Nation”.

During the latter part of the six-month time period I released four MP3 collections. “Black and White”, “White and Black”, “Get Zorched”, and “Love songs, hate songs, in-between”.

I’ve incorporated two new guitar techniques, Hammer guitar (thanks POL) and songs using the DADGAD tuning.

I’ve done a mega set at the “unwinding hour” consisting of songs I’ve written while performing in Second life and it took 96 minuets to play them all.

Now I’m not bringing this up in a lame attempt to impress you. But every now and then you have to notice how much road lies behind you, and just how far you’ve come.

I’ve made many good friends, I would start to list them, but fear of forgetting someone prevents me from doing so. So many good venue operators, so many supportive fans, frankly I’m quite amazed taking it all in.

So what do I do now?

Keep on keeping on. Pressing toward the 200th show, the 200th Nation citizen, and the next collection of songs. I don’t see any ceiling here. Just keep pressing on and see how far I can take this thing with a little talent, hard work, and a huge ego.

Order you “Get Zorched world tour” t-shirt now. Quantities are limited.

No comments: