Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Well it’s the end of the month, and a holiday to boot. My favorite holiday actually. Happy Halloween people, and remember it’s only a matter of moment until the strip malls put up the Christmas decorations.

Also a presidential election is right around the corner. This fills me with both hope and dread. What would a world be like with a president Palin? Fuck, it’s a nightmare. I’m not a sexist but that woman is a fucking nut job, and I don’t mean that in a good way. If the elderly John McCain had a running mate that was not… well retarded, I would not be so apprehensive. But I don’t see the old goat making it through a four-year stint in office. So a vote for McCain is basically a vote for a woman of very questionable intelligence becoming leader of the free world.

We’ve already endured on retarded president and look at the trouble it’s caused.

I would like to encourage you to go out and vote if you intend to vote for Obama. If you intend to vote other wise I have to wonder if you have be paying attention. If you intend to vote for McCain just stay the fuck home you stupid git.

There you go, fair and balanced.

As for the “Music thing” I do in second life, I’m still quite perplexed. The two shows I played yesterday were defiantly revenge for my humiliation at the “Unnamed venue”. I was “ON” and “BIGGER THEN LIFE” as I usually am. But the shows were sparsely populated. At the first show, Dark Castle Park, I could not add any group members because everybody there was already in the group. They second show had a few more people at it, but they seemed far more interested in the act after me. This did not prevent me from doing a good show, but it is an observation.

I’m kind of at a loss for ideas at this point. I am not sure how to proceed and grow. I seem to either play to my group, or play to people that probably don’t have the stream on. Night times are rough, and comprised of all AMERICAN audiences for the most part. It seems AMERICAN audiences have no taste in music. I don’t mean they have bad taste; they seem to have no taste. They only love what they have been programmed to love by their media mogul overlords. This is why performers doing covers seem to thrive. They play the orthodox liturgy of music. Stuff that has been approved by “THE MAN”. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but most of those exceptions that have heard me are already in my group.

When I play, the Jester Inn, Artic circle dock, or The lost continent I pack them in and keep them in. All these venues are either UK or Euro based.

If I were a more reasonable person, I would probably not accept any bookings after 3 PM SLT. The nighttime belongs to the Yankees and that is a very tough nut to crack. Just gotta keep chipping away and trying to get a foothold.

Seems my methodology has not changed. Just keep playing shows and hope you reach someone by the end of the day. In all likelihood, evening/nighttime shows will result in much “Poofing out”, but I’ve gotta remember I’m playing for the benefit of the one or two that stay. The ones that leave are not interested in music anyway, so fuck em.

While I might sound bitter, I have good cause to be bitter. But as bitter as a may or may not be, I’m more resolute then most people suspect. I’m going to continue, and in the end I will prevail.

1 comment:

Joe and Kristin said...

Don't worry Zorch, some of us Yanks, love you. ~Posie