Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maybe being in tour mode is paying off, the numbers

I think I’ve mentioned before my passion for numbers. A lot of things are subjective, but numbers just are. You could argue what those numbers mean, but in most cases the meaning is clear.

At least that is my point of view.

So what do the numbers say this month (so far). Well we seem to be drawing more traffic. The number this month is 45 going into the last week of the month. Let me break that down a bit for you.

Unique visits
Oct (so far) 45
Sep 37
Aug 22
Jul 14

While not the kind of numbers that make a bean counter splooge, it does represent growth, and growth is much to be desired. Starting out at square one establishing a brand, we have grown significantly from July.

Not only is the page getting more traffic, it’s getting more attention time wise. Let’s break down the numbers here.

Visit duration
0-30 sec 171
30sec-2mn 10
2mn-5mn 8
5mn-15mn 10
15mn-30mn 8
30mn-1hr 7
1hr+ 2

The music preview pages are also getting more traffic. A great sign because it’s supposed to be all about the music right? The total for all music preview pages is 64 pages. This could account for the amount of time visitors are spending at the page.

Some more positive numbers are, what is the most visited page? Well, it’s the calendar page. Woot, people are using the site to find out when and where I’m playing. This is one of the primary reasons I put this web page up. Out of the 45 unique visitors this month, 44 added the page to favorites (or bookmarked the page).

Of course the main reason I put this site together was to have a server to host downloads of my music. How are the numbers looking there? Great, 89 downloads so far this month. When I was marketing DAP on the interweb I sold 8 MP3 in 9 month. So in one month, I’ve moved 10 times the amount of MP3s I did in 9 month using the more conventional method.

The Zorch Nation now has 155 member, still pressing toward 200 by months end, but even if that goal is not achieved, we must remember we didn’t even have 100 members when the month started.

Sometimes it’s easy to get discouraged when busting ass on the virtual road of Second Life. It’s good to look at the number and see growth.

1 comment:

H said...

Great results Zorch, you certainly deserve to see all your hard work paying off in both attendance figures and downloads!!!

Eventually everyone will be Zorched!!!